Platinum is a rare precious metal found primarily in South Africa and Russia.
Not only is it rare, its specific metallic properties are also unique.
Platinum is very ductile, one-ounce can produce a wire which measures a mile long and it is so pure that when worn it’s completely hypoallergenic. The metallic properties, which make platinum perfect for jewelry use, are high tensile strength and durability—a secure way for setting precious stones.
Platinum’s greyish white luster will never fade and when scratched the metal will not wear away as gold, therefore the jewelry can last forever. Intricate designs can be created from platinum because of the strength and durability as opposed to gold or silver, which have softer metallic properties.
Platinum is alloyed with other metals, 95% pure platinum when it is used for jewelry will be hallmarked with Pt. 950 in a diamond shaped logo.
For more information regarding precious metals, call Jeff Deleuse, owner of Deleuse Jewelers in Fairfax, CA, home of deleuse.com
415-459-3739 email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- B.A. Psychology
- Advanced French Language, University of Nice, France
- Stanford Continuing Studies
- Graduate Gemologist, Certified Appraiser
- B.S. Molecular Biology
- Stanford Continuing Studies, Art History and Literature
- Saul Bell International Jewelry Award Judge, 2015
- Past Board Marin Advocates for Children, 2014
- Contributing Writer and Featured Designer in Jane Merrill's book"I Love Those Earrings" 2014
- Audio Contributor to “Cartier & America” Exhibit at the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 2010-2011
- Janet Deleuse Couture Featured in Britex Newsletter, San Francisco, 2012
- "Fashion & Impressionism" research paper written in Spring 2011; for exhibit
- Cartier Achievement Award presented June 2009
- Women's Jewelry Association Award January 2009
- Contributing Writer for LUXX International Jewelry Magazine, 2009-2010
- Graduate Gemologists
- Members of the American Gem Trade Association
- American Gem Society
- Jewelers Of America
- Women's Jewelry Association
- Contemporary Jewelers Design Group