Jeff and Janet Deleuse
Deleuse Jewelers, 55 Broadway, Fairfax, Ca 94930
415-459-3739 OPEN Tuesday-Saturday 10:30-5:00
We are celebrating 35 years in Marin and 71 years since the first boutique opened on the Rue De France, Nice, we are still family owned and operated.
We have launched an online shopping experience similar to our brick and mortar store....a mini-department store filled with fine jewelry and couture.
"We hand-fabricate our jewelry the old fashioned way. A photo of a custom designed ring that we finished making on our work bench.
Our speciality is high quality workmanship in gold smithing, stone setting and all repairs." Jeff & Janet Deleuse, Deleuse Jewelers
Beginning the tradition in 1945 until present, Deleuse Jewelers has always been a family business owned and operated by the Deleuse family.
John Deleuse began his career in Horology, graduating in 1934 from the Ecole Nationale d'Horlogie de Cluses and opened the first store in Nice, France his home town. After emigrating to the United States, John opened his second store in San Francisco, in 1951.
John Deleuse's youngest son, Jeff, joined the family business after receiving a degree in Psychology. Jeff Deleuse then earned a Graduate Gemologist degree with an emphasis on diamonds and gemstones and became a certified appraiser.
Jeff's wife, Janet Deleuse, married into the family after her formal education in Molecular Biology. Janet brought her artistic talent for designing custom jewelry.
In 1982, Jeff and Janet Deleuse opened the third Deleuse Jewelers store in Marin County independent of Deleuse Jewelers in San Francisco. Deleuse in Fairfax, Ca offers professional services by specializing in gemology and fine diamonds; members of the American Gem Society, American Gem Trade Association and the Contemporary Jewelry Design Group.
With attention to detail, quality, design concepts and complex restoration of fine jewelry and watches and insurance appraisals are offered as our services. Deleuse Jewelers in Fairfax, Ca carry on the tradition of customer service that began in Nice in 1945.
Showcasing our custom designed fine jewelry that we manufacture exemplifies the creativity and excellent quality that hallmark Deleuse Jewelers. With an increasing portfolio, many of Janet Deleuse's custom jewelry pieces have been featured in WWD, Town & Country, Robb Report and Lustre magazines.
- B.A. Psychology
- Advanced French Language, University of Nice, France
- Stanford Continuing Studies
- Graduate Gemologist, Certified Appraiser
Janet Deleuse is an accepted member into the Contemporary Jewelry Design Group of the U.S.A.
B.S. Molecular Biology / Stanford Continuing Studies, Art History & Literature
- Saul Bell International Jewelry Award Judge, 2015
- Past Board Marin Advocates for Children, 2014
- Contributing Writer and Featured Designer in Jane Merrill's book"I Love Those Earrings" 2014
- Contributor to “Cartier & America” Exhibit at the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 2010-2011
- Janet Deleuse Couture Featured in Britex Newsletter, San Francisco, 2012
- "Fashion & Impressionism" research paper written in Spring 2011; for exhibit
- Cartier Achievement Award presented June 2009
- Women's Jewelry Association Award January 2009
- Contributing Writer for LUXX International Jewelry Magazine, 2009-2010
- Graduate Gemologists
- Members of the American Gem Trade Association
- American Gem Society
- Jewelers Of America
- Contemporary Jewelry Design Group
- Women's Jewelry Association
We are thankful for the years of support to all our customers,
Jeff and Janet Deleuse
Avenue Promenade des Anglais, Nice, One block from Deleuse Jewelers. Photo circa 1964
Deleuse Jewelers original Store, established in 1945 by John Deleuse, at 2 Rue de France, Nice, France. Photo circa 1964