We hand-fabricate our jewelry the old fashioned way. A photo of a custom designed ring that we finished making on our work bench.
With attention to detail, quality, design concepts and complex restoration of fine jewelry and watches and insurance appraisals are offered as our services. Deleuse Jewelers in Fairfax, California carry on the tradition of customer service that began in Nice, France 1945.
Showcasing our custom designed fine jewelry that we manufacture exemplifies the creativity and excellent quality that hallmark Deleuse Jewelers. With an increasing portfolio, many of Janet Deleuse custom jewelry pieces have been featured in WWD, Town & Country, Robb Report and Lustre magazines.
Beginning the tradition in 1945 until present, Deleuse Jewelers has always been a family business owned and operated by the Deleuse family.
John Deleuse began his career in Horology, graduating in 1934 from the Ecole Nationale d'Horlogie de Cluses and opened the first store in Nice, France his hometown.
After emigrating to the United States, John opened his second store in San Francisco, in 1951.
Jeff Deleuse joined the family business after receiving a degree in Psychology. Jeff then earned a Graduate Gemologist degree with an emphasis on diamonds and gemstones and became a certified appraiser.
Jeff's wife, Janet Deleuse, married into the family after her formal education in Molecular Biology. Janet brought her artistic talent for designing custom jewelry.
In 1982, Jeff and Janet Deleuse opened the third Deleuse Jewelers store in Marin County independent of Deleuse Jewelers in San Francisco.
Deleuse in Fairfax, Ca offers professional services by specializing in gemology and fine diamonds; members of the American Gem Society, American Gem Trade Association and the Contemporary Jewelry Design Group.
We are thankful for the years of our customers support.
- B.A. Psychology
- Advanced French Language, University of Nice, France
- Stanford Continuing Studies
- Graduate Gemologist, Certified Appraiser
- B.A. Biology
- Stanford Continuing Studies, Art History and Literature
- Saul Bell International Jewelry Award Judge, 2015
- Past Board Marin Advocates for Children, 2014
- Contributing Writer and Featured Designer in Jane Merrill's book "I Love Those Earrings" 2014
- Audio Contributor to “Cartier & America” Exhibit at the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 2010-2011
- Janet Deleuse Couture Featured in Britex Newsletter, San Francisco, 2012
- "Fashion & Impressionism" research paper written in Spring 2011; for exhibit
- Cartier Achievement Award presented June 2009
- Women's Jewelry Association Award January 2009
- Contributing Writer for LUXX International Jewelry Magazine, 2009-2010
- Graduate Gemologists
- Members of the American Gem Trade Association
- American Gem Society
- Jewelers Of America
- Women's Jewelry Association
- Contemporary Jewelers Design Group
Jeff and Janet Deleuse
Avenue Promenade des Anglais, Nice, France, one block from Deleuse Jewelers. Photo circa 1964
Deleuse Jewelers original Store, established in 1945 by John Deleuse, at 2 Rue de France, Nice, France. Photo circa 1964